The type of Background you select for your character may affect your playstyle. This is a feature you will encounter during character customization, and you have a pretty diverse set of options to choose from. Your Background will unlock certain dialogue options and even provide you with certain specializations. It’s important to choose the best ones that will help you in the long run, and this article will provide you with the best starting Backgrounds in Starfield.
Backgrounds are basically your character’s origin story. While talking to NPCs, your Background may affect the overall conversation and even easily persuade those characters who share the same backstory as you.
Keep reading to find out about the best starting Backgrounds in Starfield. Having these Backgrounds will be very advantageous and help you develop a unique playstyle.
What are the best Backgrounds in Starfield?
The following are all the best starting Backgrounds in Starfield:
- Long Hauler: This is a Background option perfect for players who want to be dashing spaceship pilots. You will get Piloting, Ballistic Weapon Systems, and Weight Lifting Skills. If you want to dominate spaceship battles, then this is the Background you need to have.
- Cyber Runner: This is a stealth-based Background option. If you like to sneak around and stay hidden during combat scenarios, then this Background option will come in handy. You will get Stealth, Security, and Theft as the starting skills. You will be able to hack security terminals and ambush enemies.
- Soldier: This is a heavy combat-based Background option. With this origin story, you will become a lethal warrior who loves going loud with enemies. The starting Skills you get reflect this quality, as you will get Fitness, Ballistics, and Boost Pack Training.
- Diplomat: This is a Background option that puts heavy emphasis on your dialogue skills. If you like talking to people and don’t always want to resort to violence, then this Background option is designed for you. You will get the Persuasion, Commerce, and Wellness Skills.
- Bounty Hunter: This is a pretty great Background option for players who want to earn a lot of money. You will be able to fulfill your space cowboy fantasy with this origin story, and also get Piloting, Booster Pack Training, and Targeting Control System as starting Skills.
These are all of the best Backgrounds you can choose for your characters. Each of these Backgrounds come with unique advantages and barriers, so choose wisely.
If you liked what you just read, then please check out our other articles, such as Starfield UC Vanguard questline – how to join faction, quests, more and Sea of Stars dweller of torment – how to beat it.