Octopath Traveler 2 features unlockable post-game stories called extra stories. In this guide, we will take you through what you can do before you reach the Octopath Traveler 2 final chapter.
To unlock extra stories, players must complete all the paths of all eight travelers. Once they have finished the main stories of all eight protagonists as well as the Crossed Paths side stories, players can start on the extra stories and work towards the final hours of the game.
Let’s find out what the extra stories are in the Octopath Traveler 2 final chapter!
Extra stories in final chapter of Octopath Traveler 2
Here is a list of the extra Stories in Octopath Traveler 2 and what you will need to do:
- Introduction: The eight travelers must light torches in different locations to defeat eternal darkness. Sets up Extra Stories and conveys the stakes.
- Tranquil Grotto: In Hinoeuma, lighting a mysterious torch deep in its caverns could help rid of darkness. You will face a challenging dungeon crawl and gain a sense of accomplishment.
- Fellsun Ruins: Collect 13 Journal Fragments to learn about the eternal night and how to stop it. You will solve a mystery by piecing together clues in the ruins.
- Tomb of the Wardenbeasts: In Toto’haha, a monster guards the path to another torch. You will face a challenging boss fight and gain a sense of accomplishment.
- Flamechurch: A conspiracy awaits in the church. You will unravel it by exploring and talking to NPCs.
- Vidania: Takes place in the middle of the Sundering Sea, where you need to stop the villain causing darkness and chaos. The story ends with a final boss fight and provides a satisfying conclusion to the game.
Overall, the extra stories in Octopath Traveler 2 are well worth playing for players who want to extend their experience with the game. They offer a new set of challenges that are more difficult than anything in the main game, and they provide players with a sense of closure for the game’s story.