When an RPG that is all about battles lets you choose your character it can be intimidating since players always want the best one available. So to lessen that pressure we’re coming for you with an Octopath Traveler 2 tier list so you can find out all about the best character there is.
Keep in mind that none of these characters are actually “bad”, some might even be better suited for your playing stile. It’s just that some of them are all-around better than others in most situations. One character who is good at the start might not be as useful in the endgame. Another character might just be good throughout the whole adventure.
To simplify things, here’s our complete Octopath Traveler 2 tier list showing who we think is the best for players.
Octopath Traveler 2 tier list
Just to be clear, players can choose whoever they want and have a good time playing this gorgeous JRPG. This game is all about choice after all so don’t let this tier list dissuade you into not using anyone.
Now, with all that being said, here is our character tier list, ordered from “worst” to best:
- Agnea: This dancer is absolutely essential in the early game as she can recover SP easily and quickly. However, later on, more useful characters appear and surpass Agnea’s SP recovery.
- Temenos: Like Agnea, this character is pretty essential early on. In the beginning, few can surpass his healing skills. However, other characters get better healing skills later on, leaving him in the dust.
- Partitio: This character is pretty amazing to have early on, as they can save a ton of your money. However, it becomes increasingly easy to get money later, making Partitio feel a bit lesser later on.
- Osvald: Some fans might gawk at this since Osvald has the best magic damage in the game. However, physical skills trump magic later on, making him feel a bit weaker. That being said, magic users can use him as much as they want.
- Throne: A fan-favorite, Throne’s thief skills are pretty incredible as she can use other party members’ attacks. She’s a jill of all trades but that also means she doesn’t excel at any one thing.
- Ochette: Easily one of the most broken characters in the game, Ochette is an incredible asset. Aside from having strong damage, she can also capture and summon monsters. Just a great party member to have.
- Hikari: If anyone looks like a leader it’s Hikari. This character’s attack damage is ridiculous and he only gets stronger. Like Throne, he can also equip the skills of other party members, making him unstoppable.
- Castti: Players that just want to break the game will want to start with Castti. Great damage, great healing, and great SP restoration. If you want to beat this game really quickly, Castti is your gal.