Modding communities are really important for video games as it fosters longevity and creativity within the community and gives players more incentive to keep playing the game. This is what is happening to Age of Wonders 4, and that too very quickly. So to celebrate this success, we are going to highlight some of the best Age of Wonders 4 mods.
Mods not only improve many of the flaws that game developers may have overlooked but also personalize the game for each player. Thus, it makes the game more interesting and even more fun to play.
So, here are some of the best Age of Wonders 4 mods that might make your game more entertaining and exciting to play.
Here are the best mods you can add in Age of Wonders 4
The following is the list of some of the best mods you can install for this game:
- Starting Race Transformations: This mod adds the Race Transformation feature during the race customization stage, making you a little overpowered from the get-go.
- City Population Cap 100: This mod increases the city population cap from 30 to 100.
- Age of colors: This mod is more of an aesthetic overhaul as you get more color options.
- Pantheon Joins: This mod unlocks all of the Pantheon heroes from the start
- Tome of Archanids: This mod allows you to train and recruit spiders inside your city.
- Archers Range increased: This mod increases the maximum range of all bow units to 7 and crossbow units to 6.
- Expanded Cultural units: This mod diversifies your units visually and adds new units.
- Massive Maps and 12 Players: This mod increases map sizes and allow allows for games up to 12 players, as the name suggests.
- Smaller Combat Banners: This mod adjusts the sizes of banners for cleaner combat.
- Banner Bonanza: This mod adds more variety of banner options.
Although it has been only a couple of months since the release of Age of Wonders 4, it has already fostered a robust modding community that is constantly tweaking and customizing this game based on their own tastes and style. This is always a positive sign as it showcases how players are engaging with the game mechanics even outside the game world.
All of these were the best mods you can download for Age of Wonders 4 for now as this is still a relatively new release and more mods will be created for it soon, so keep an eye out for that!
If you liked what you read you can check out guides on other games such as Octopath Traveler 2 tier list – the best characters to play and Rune Factory 5 Scarlett – best gifts and how to romance.