Sailing through the harsh sea, fighting pirates, and looting legendary treasure is something you get to experience while playing through Sea of Thieves. It’s truly one of the best pirate games ever made. However, the existence of Sea of Thieves should be attributed to the pirate games that came before it, and which franchise better exemplifies this than the Monkey Island series? It’s amazing to see this new crossover between these two games. If you are unaware of this event, here’s how you can unlock Monkey Island in Sea of Thieves. Look behind you…
There are actually a couple of steps you need to follow before finding the Monkey Island content in the game. It is commendable that the devs want the players to put in some effort before reaping the reward of experiencing this classic franchise in this new avatar.
In any case, keep reading on and find out about how you can unlock Monkey Island in Sea of Thieves and hopefully, the pirate’s life is perfect for you.
Here’s how you can unlock Monkey Island in Sea of Thieves
The following are all of the steps you need to follow to begin Monkey Island content in Sea of Thieves:
- Remember to get the free Monkey Island expansion pack.
- Once you open up the game, you need to start the A Pirate’s Life Tall Tale campaign. This can be done through the main menu or by finding The Castaway in-game.
- Play through the Tall Tale campaign, and reach the glowing green town with a lot of shipwrecks and a lighthouse.
- Now, free the Cursed Captain and find Captain Bones’ Secret Recipe.
- Grabe the Cage Key.
- Find Poor Dougie and their Treasure.
- Win the chess match with Cursed Captain.
- Look for the pulley and move the sail from left to right.
- Bring Cursed Captain’s skull. It will be at the chess table.
- Climb up the Lighthouse with the skull.
- On top of the Lighthouse, you will find two skeletons and the left one is missing a skull. Place it on that skeleton.
- Climb the ladder nearby.
- Light the brazier.
- Use it to light up the other three braziers on the cliffs.
- Move the light to the right past the red sails of a ship.
- Keep moving it to the right.
- A hidden brazier should light up and you will see a trail of green torches.
- Travel to the start of the town.
- You will now find a stone bridge walkway right next to a sign.
- Cross this walkway.
- You will now officially begin the Monkey Island content.
These are all of the steps you need to follow to start the Monkey Island content in Sea of Thieves. There are many other things you will need to do after this point, but we are not going to spoil that for you. Just be aware of chickens with pulleys in the middle.
If you liked what you just read and these steps were useful, then please check out our other content such as Jagged Alliance 3 walkthrough – guides, tips and tricks and Elliott Stardew Valley – best gifts explained