If you’re a Mac user and love playing the Sims, you can easily download the game on your precious computer. In this guide, we will take you through how to download Sims 4 on Mac.
There is no need for any advanced techniques or workaround methods. The game has an official macOS version available on the Origin gaming store, which is free to boot. What could be better than that, we ask!
So, without further ado, let’s find out how to download Sims 4 on Mac!
Sims 4 – how to download on Mac
The Steam version of The Sims 4 is only available for PC. So, make sure to download the game from the Origin platform – EA Games’ gaming store – to play it on your Mac.
Here are the steps to download The Sims 4 on your Mac.
- Download the Origin app;
- Create an EA Games/Origin account if you don’t have one;
- Once you’ve created your account, confirm the email you used to create it;
- Drag the downloaded Origin installation file to the Applications folder icon to install it;
- Once installed, navigate to the Applications folder and double-click on its icon to start it;
- If you see a message asking if you want to install or open the app because it was downloaded from the Internet, click Open;
- Open Origin and log in to your account. Use the search bar to find The Sims 4 and click on the game’s tile;
- If you don’t see the base game, click on View all in Store and scroll down to find it;
- On the game’s page, click Get the game for free;
- In your Origin Library, you can now click on the Sims 4 tile, and download the game;
- Once the game finishes downloading and installing, start it from the Origin app or your Applications folder;