Learning all the spells is quite an important step in becoming a better wizard (check out the full list of casting abilities here), but that’s not all there is. In order to resist other spells, run faster and improve, you need to brush up on a lot of skills. So here are all the Hogwarts Legacy talents you will use in the game.
Knowing this information beforehand might definitely come in handy if you’re looking to make a little plan on where and how to improve your character, prioritizing some skills over others is definitely the way to go.
But now, let us look at all the skill and Hogwarts Legacy talents explained.
All Hogwarts Legacy talents explained
These talents are permanent upgrades for your characters, gained by levelling up, that allow you to perform better in the game. These are:
- Core Talents: Improving the basic stats of your character;
- Spell Talents: Improving your attack power and overall spells;
- Stealth Talents: Move and hide much better, without being noticed;
- Dark Arts Talents: Better use of Dark Arts along with curses;
- Room of Requirement Talents: Improvements for the Room of Requirement.
Now let us see each of them in detail.
There are sixteen different core talents to learn. These are:
- Basic Cast Mastery – reduces spell cooldown;
- Protego Absorption – blocking successfully improves the Ancient Magic meter;
- Swift – a sort of improved Dodge, which makes you disappear while dodging;
- Spell Knowledge 1 – one more spell set;
- Spell Knowledge 2 – one additional spell set;
- Wiggenweld Potency 1 – greater healing power from Wiggenweld Potions;
- Ancient Magic Throw Expertise – catch weapons and throw them back;
- Basic Cast Airborne Absorption – casting on enemies in the air will improve the Ancient Magic meter;
- Protego Expertise – send projectiles back when blocking a spell;
- Evasion Absorption – evade an attack to improve the Ancient Magic meter;
- Stupefy Mastery – improve the stunning power of Stuepfy;
- Wiggenweld Mastery 2 – even more power from Wiggenweld potions;
- Revelio Mastery – more range for Revelio;
- Spell Knowledge 3 – one final spell set available;
- Protego Mastery – using Protego efficiently will disble enemy shields;
- Stupefy Expertise – improving Stupefy which can deal damage.
They are a mix of different skills which will help you in your adventure, making you faster at casting or just more powerful.
There are ten different Spell Talents to learn. These are:
- Diffindo Mastery – Diffindo will slice through opponents;
- Incendio Mastery – when casting, a ring of fire will circle around the player;
- Confringo Mastery – the impact of Confringo will cast enemy-seeking bolts;
- Depulso Mastery – Depulso will release one more powerful blast;
- Accio Mastery – Accio will pull away targets near the caster;
- Levioso Mastery – enhances the area affected by Levioso;
- Bombarda Mastery – massive fiery explosion with Bombarda;
- Descendo Mastery – one an enemy slams down, it will create a shockwave;
- Glacius Mastery – enemies iced by Glacius will produce pointy shards when hit;
- Transformation Mastery – makes targets explosive when hit with Transformation.
These talents will make your spells more deadly and, overall, more effective against enemies.
You can learn four different Stealth Talents. Here is the list:
- Sense of Secrecy 1 – Enemies will take longer to detect you;
- Human Demiguise – while using Disillusionment you can sprint;
- Sense of Secrecy 2 – Enemies will take even longer to detect you;
- Petrificus Totalus Mastery – the Petrificus Totalus spell will send a shockwave that will hit enemies.
These are clearly spells for the more stealthy wizard who wants to cast spells in secret.
Dark Arts Talents
Ten will be the Dark Arts talents to learn. These are:
- Stunning Curse – Stupefy will curse enemies;
- Disarming Curse – Expelliarmus shall curse those hit with it;
- Knockback Curse – those hit by Flipendo shall be cursed;
- Blood Curse – cursed targets will deal damage to all other cursed enemies too;
- Slowing Curse – the Arresto Momentum spell will curses enemies;
- Crucio Mastery – enemies will be cursed when striken by Crucio;
- Imperio Mastery – those cursed by Imperio will also curse other targets when hit;
- Enduring Curse – the Cursed effects linger longer;
- Avada Kedavra Mastery – disposing of an enemy with Avada Kedavra will automatically kill all other cursed opponents;
- Curse Sapper – get some health back by killing a cursed enemy.
This is a list clearly dedicated to those who want to invest in the darker spellcasting abilities.
Room of Requirement Talents
There are eight talents to learn for the Room of Requirement. These are:
- Edurus Potion Potency – Edurus potions will make you temporarily invincible along with deflecting enemies’ projectiles;
- Invisibility Potion Potency – Invisibility potions’ effects shall last longer;
- Fertiliser – each time you throw a Chinese chomping cabbage, another will follow automatically;
- Maxima Potion Potency – deal additional damage and also smash enemies’ shields;
- Headache – Mandrake effect lasts longer and has more effect;
- Noxious – the Venomous Tentacular plant will smash shields and deal more damage;
- Focus Potion Potency – the Focus Potion shall last longer, using a spell from one of the Sets;
- Thunderbrew Potency – the Thunderbrew shall last longer and deal more damage.
This is one for those players who want to wreak havoc in the Room of Requirement and deal more damage with plants like the Venomous Tentacular.