Octopath Traveler 2 is a unique and engaging RPG that allows you to choose from eight characters, each with their own unique story and abilities. In this guide, we will take you through the Octopath Traveler 2 best job combinations.
One of the interesting elements of the game is that each character has a set primary job that cannot be changed. However, they can add a secondary job, which boosts their stats and gives them a new arsenal of abilities to choose from.
So, let’s find out the Octopath Traveler 2 best job combinations!
Best job combinations in Octopath Traveler 2
To obtain licenses for secondary jobs, you’ll need to visit job guilds. These guilds are located in various towns throughout the game, and each guild offers a different set of jobs. You can change your character’s secondary job at any time, so there’s no need to worry about committing to one permanently.
One of the things that makes Octopath Traveler 2 so compelling is the variety of secondary jobs available. Each job offers a unique set of abilities that can complement a character’s stats and latent abilities in different ways. Some jobs are more offensive, while others are more defensive. Some jobs are better suited for magic users, while others are more geared towards physical attackers.
Here are some recommended secondary job combinations:
- Cleric and Scholar: Use Elemental Barrage skill to break boss shields and overheal with Prayer for Plenty.
- Thief and Hunter: Multi-hit and debuff enemies with HP Thief, Precise Shot, Leghold Trap, and Throne’s latent power.
- Warrior and Armsmaster: Unlock Armsmaster to gain a full arsenal of weapons and boosted attack.
- Apothecary and Cleric: Turn Castti into a White Mage support character with healing and support spells.
- Thief and Dancer: Cast buffs twice in clutch situations with Throne’s Leave No Trace ultimate and access more magic and ally-buffing abilities.
What you need to know about Octopath Traveler 2
Octopath Traveler 2 is a JRPG from Square Enix. The story takes place in Solistia, a land made up of two continents – eastern and western – that are divided by the sea. There is a large discrepancy between the super-rich traders and merchants on one hand and the poor who live in slums on the other in the world of Octopath Traveler 2.
Like the first game, eight travelers hailing from different regions set out on adventures throughout this world. You can play each of their stories for yourself, swapping between them as you see fit.
The game is currently out on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
Octopath Traveler 2 has garnered an average review score of approximately 85 out of 100 on Metacritic.