The 2023 remake of the original Dead Space has now a secret ending that players can unlock. In order to get to that secret ending, you will need to find all the Dead Space remake marker fragment locations, so let’s check out where they are.
While the plot of Dead Space has remained the same from the original game, the devs have added this alternate ending to the remake for the players to find.
However, you will first need to find all the Dead Space remake marker fragment locations, so let’s see where they are in the space horror game!
Where to find all marker fragment locations in Dead Space remake
There are 12 fragment locations that you need to find in the Dead Space remake. Below, you will find the list of all the locations of the fragments:
- In a book rack in the Tram Control deck in Chapter 1.
- On the second floor in T. Kyne’s CSO office in Chapter 2.
- In the Engine Room on the third floor of Engineering in Chapter 3.
- In the Break Room for Admin Systems on the Bridge deck in Chapter 4.
- In Dr. C. Mercer’s office in the fifth floor of the Medical in Chapter 5.
- In Cryogenics on the fourth floor in Chapter 5.
- In the East Grow Chamber on the fourth floor of Hydroponics in Chapter 6.
- In the Mineral Samples Area on the fifth floor in Chapter 7.
- On the second floor of the Communications Hub in Chapter 8.
- In Deluxe Shift Bunks on the third floor of Crew Quarters in Chapter 10.
- On the third floor of Crew Quarters behind the Wine Bottle placed on the Inquiry Desk in Chapter 10.
- In the Hangar Cargo Tram Control of the Cargo Bay in Chapter 11.
Once you have collected them all, you need to enter Captain Mathius’ Room. Placing the marker fragments in his room will activate the secret ending.
So, that was all the marker fragment locations in Dead Space remake. Now that you know where they are, you can collect them all and get the secret ending! Make sure to check out our other guides such as how to play Hogwarts Legacy early or how to get into the Kloros Guild in Forspoken.