Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3’s second beta weekend is currently available and it will run until October 16th. It also supports cross-play on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles. The Patch Notes reveal many new changes and improvements that you should definitely know about. The following are some of the major fixes and improvements:
- UIX — Enemy Operators will now display a red nameplate above their head.
- Movement — Decreased the slide to sprint delay by 200ms.
- Reduced Tac-Stance spread while sliding for several weapon classes — Assault Rifles: Decreased 17-26%, Submachine Guns: Decreased 14-17%, Light Machine Guns: Decreased 30-45%, Marksman Rifles: Decreased 29-31%. and Pistols: Decreased 10-20%.
- Striker (Submachine Gun) — Decreased near-medium damage from 39 to 36, Decreased near-medium damage range from 24m to 19m (-21%), Decreased medium damage range from 30m to 25m (-17%), Decreased far-medium damage from 28 to 27, Decreased minimum damage from 23 to 21, Increased headshot damage multiplier from 1.2x to 1.3x, and Increased lower-arm damage multiplier from 1x to 1.1x.
- Guardian-SC — Decreased health from 550 to 400 (-27%) and Decreased lifetime from 120s to 60s (-50%).
- Ground War — Vehicles driven by the player no longer have limited fuel.
- Hardpoint — Disabled overhead spawn camera sequence upon respawn.
- Estate — Added collision near various areas of the Waterfall to prevent players from accessing unintended locations.
- Favela — Players will no longer be killed immediately after respawning near the yellow car on the Side Street.
- Popov Power (Ground War) — Added collision near Reactor Beta to prevent players from accessing an unintended location.
There are other changes that include Operator movement animations, UIX, and Stability that you can check out on Call of Duty’s official website. The devs also mentioned that they are “currently investigating reports of poor spawn selection quality and making adjustments for launch.” They are encouraging players to share clips of unfavorable spawns with them.