Finally we are able to play a true descendent to the classic X-Com series of games, while defending ourselves against the aggressive and angry Xenomorph. But the best defense is not only marines, but also turrets which can be a bit confusing to use. Let’s look at everything you need to know about Aliens Dark Descent sentry turrets.
These can be the help you need when you are being overwhelmed by angry aliens, true, but the game does not really provide specific instructions on how to use them.
Luckily, it is not that complicated to get the hang of how to move and place the Aliens Dark Descent sentry turrets. Read on to find out how.
How to move sentry turrets
First things first, in order to place a sentry turret, that’s easy enough. Select it from the menu, and place it. But to move them in order to shoot down the aliens efficiently? You’ll need to actually long press the confirm button and move the turret around. Let go of the button only when it is in the right place.
This is how you do it in detail:
- Open the skill menu and select the Sentry gun.
- Position the cursor where you want to place the turret.
- Now press and hold the confirm button (which depending on the console or PC you’re playing on, can be the left mouse, A, or X).
- This will display the sentry turret’s field, indicating where it will react to the enemies’ presence.
- While still holding the button, use the mouse or analogue stick to rotate the cone around.
- Release the button to place the turret in your desired location.
That’s all there is in order to have a more efficient defence presence. But, let’s look in more detail at what to do when they are in the wrong place.
How to replace the sentry turrets
If you’ve played Aliens Dark Descent, then you know that after placing a turret, you won’t be able to move it around freely. But, there is a way to change the direction of the sentry gun:
- After placing a turret, hold the confirm button on it.
- Now select the “Pick Up” option.
- While you cannot move it, at least it is possible to adjust the direction and position the turret is facing.
Be careful to keep some defenses around you while you are manipulating the turret, or at least try to do it when the attacks are not so violent. It is easy to get overrun otherwise.