Are you having a hard time trying to beat Azhdaha in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown? Here are the best tips to defeat this boss. Overall, Azhdaha is as challenging (if not more) as Kiana, whom you fought in Soma Tree. He has a variety of attacks, and you’ll need to memorize all of its patterns before being able to beat it. Additionally, the parry mechanic in this fight is very tricky. Let’s go through everything you need to know to take Azhdaha down.
How to beat Azhdaha in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
To defeat Azhdaha in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, learn its attack patterns, use the amulet that increases aerial damage, don’t get greedy with attacks, and learn to parry its yellow charge. In terms of difficulty, expect something as challenging as the Kiana boss fight.
As for recommended gear and upgrades, aim for a +2 weapon, +2 or +3 potions, and most importantly, use the Four Royal Stars amulet since it increases all melee damage on air. In this fight, you’ll almost always be jumping to attack Azhdaha. As for the Athra Surge, since Azhdaha is hard to hit, I recommend using Arash’s Ray.
Azhdaha attack patterns
Let’s explain in further detail all of Azhdaha’s attack patterns in PoP TLC:
- Tail Sweep & Head Charge: Azhdaha rapidly strikes with its tail and sometimes follows with one or two head attacks. Jump and dodge to avoid these. After this attack, you’ll have the chance to hit it 3-4 times.
- Laser Beam: Azhdaha shoots a laser beam across the map. Stand near the edge where the beam starts, use the Shadow of Simurgh power, run to the other edge, and just before the beam hits you, activate the power again. After 75% HP, Azdaha will leave purple crystals on the ground. To counter that, simply use the Shadow of Simurgh near the edge again, but this time, use it mid-air. Once you teleport back, dodge toward the edge, and you’ll avoid the crystals.
- Spikes: Azhdaha charges and throws six spikes at you, one at a time. Use the Dimensional Claw power to absorb them and shoot them back to Azhdaha. Alternatively, parry them to gain Athra gauge.
- Falling Orbs: Azhdaha charges and throws orbs from the sky all across the map. The orbs in the middle fall before the ones on the edge. To counter that, use the Dimensional Claw power to absorb one of the orbs and throw it back to Azhdaha.
- Yellow Tail Attack (Parry): Azdaha’s eyes glow yellow, and it performs a tail sweep, followed by a head charge. To parry Azhdaha in Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, jump over the tail and then parry the head charge to deal a lot of damage. You cannot parry the first tail attack.
- Tail Spikes: Azhdaha plants its tail in the middle of the map and shoots spikes towards the edges. Jump, crouch, and dash to dodge them. One useful tip here is, during the fourth and final set of spikes, to jump toward the tail and start attacking it to get some extra damage.
To summarize this Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Azhdaha boss guide, you can beat this boss by mastering its attack patterns, learning to parry its tail attack, using the Four Royal Stars amulet, and ensuring you have the recommended gear upgrades. With everything planned, you’ll be able to get through this fight easily. And that’s all! Before leaving, if you’re looking to spice up your loadout, check out our guide on the best amulets in Prince of Persia and the best Athra Surge to use.