Palia has a really great fishing mini-game. You should really check it out if you are getting bored with constantly grinding for items and just want to do something different. Fishing mini-games always felt meditative, cause you put all your focus on doing one thing. Catching the fish on the hook. But if you are getting confused regarding how to fish in Palia, then here’s the Palia fishing guide.
This fishing mini-game can get a little complex if you are not paying attention to stuff happening on the screen. You need to keep your observational skills in check and make sure you have the relevant gear to catch fish.
Keep reading and use this Palia fishing guide as a reference and make this fishing process easier and more fun.
Fishing in Palia Explained
At the beginning of the game, you will get a free fishing rod from Einar. It’s nothing special, but this is a great way to start practicing and catching your first fishes.
As for the best location to do so, we recommend you go to the Fisherman’s Lagoon. Now, just follow the steps below to start fishing:
- Equip the fishing rod.
- Now cast the fishing rod in the water. If there are bubbles nearby cast it there.
- A fish should soon start nibbling your hook. Don’t reel the rod yet, wait for a big splash.
- This should create a green bracket around your hook. Try to keep the fishing inside these brackets.
- Keep moving your rod and keep the fish inside the brackets.
- Your fishing rod may take damage, indicated by a bar on the bottom of the screen.
- When the fish comes near you and it is still inside the green brackets, reel it in.
Congratulations, you caught your first fish. The first of many, that’s for sure. But this may not happen every time as different fishes may require more upgraded fishing rods and special bait to attract them.
There are two kinds of baits that you can unlock in Palia. The Worm Bait and the Glow Worm Bait. The latter is really important for catching rare fish. You can unlock the Worm Bait after reaching Level 4 in Fishing. You can then get the Worm Farm recipe from Einar for 500 Gold.
When it comes to buying the Glow Worm Farm, it is a little expensive. You can get the Glow Worm Farm from EInar again, but it will cost you 2,000 Gold and you need to reach Level 7 in Fishing. Remember that to unlock Einar’s Shop you will at least need to fish over 10 times.
You can also buy fishing rod upgrades from Einar. The fish you catch can then be sold at the general store or you can just put them in the Shopping Bin.
Palia fishing tips
The following are some of the things that you should remember when fishing:
- The types of fish you catch can totally depend on the place you are fishing.
- Explore and discover different water bodies.
- Glow Worms are essential for catching rare fish.
- You can display fish in an aquarium at your home.
- Some fish may be tied to quests.
Those are just some useful tips to start you off with.
This was a quick rundown of everything you need to know about fishing in Palia. If you liked what you just read, then please check out our other content such as Way of the Hunter mods – the best ones and South Park Snow Day release date, trailer, platforms.