Fortnite has become one of the most popular games worldwide, and it offers plenty of customization features. In this guide, we will take you through how to turn on footsteps in Fortnite.
Epic Games has made sure to include accessibility options to accommodate all different needs for players. One of these options is the ability to see visual effects when noise is made, which can help players track the movements of other players who are nearby.
So, let’s find out how you can turn on footsteps in Fortnite!
Fortnite – how to turn on footsteps
To begin, you will need to enable the “Visualize Sound Effects” setting in Fortnite. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Press the three lines icon located at the top left of the home screen to access the settings menu.
- Select the sound icon, which is the seventh button in the row at the top.
- Scroll down to the “Sound” section and turn on the “Visualize Sound Effects” option.
- Save and apply the settings, and the setting will be enabled.
Once you have enabled the “Visualize Sound Effects” option, you will be able to see more than just footsteps. The setting will also display colored rings that originate at the source of the sound, which can help you identify other noises. It’s important to note that the colors change depending on the type of sound, so you will need to learn how to read them. Here is a breakdown of the different rings:
- White Rings: Footsteps, vehicles, and animal sounds.
- Gold Rings: Chest sounds.
- Orange/Red Rings: Gunshots or explosions.
By using this setting, you can improve your gameplay performance by identifying where enemies are located. This is particularly useful if you’re playing with headphones, as you can more easily detect the direction of the sound.
Now, you should be able to see footsteps in Fortnite. Have you ever wondered if Breaking Bad is in Fortnite? Or, you could check out a new game with our guide on Higan Eruthyll reroll guide and tips.