Roblox is full of online creations, but they can’t be experienced if you’re getting Roblox error code 268. It will not only stop you from enjoying the game with your friends, but it will keep happening and is harder to fix than simply rebooting your PC or restarting your game.
In fact, error code 268 in Roblox is quite difficult to fix. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you through the process of fixing it so that you can get back to making crazy videos of the game, or living out whatever madness you’ve got planned for your next session.
Below, you’ll find everything you need to know about what actually causes the problem, as well as how to solve it step-by-step.
What is error code 268?
Error code 268 is accompanied by a message telling players “you have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior.” It prevents you from playing Roblox and is caused by browser compatibility issues, third-party program problems, or internet settings that conflict with the game.
This is particularly annoying when you’re just getting into the fun with friends and get this game-breaking issue that stops you from enjoying the game.
How to fix Roblox error code 268
While the “you have been kicked due to unexpected client behavior” issue can be really annoying, luckily there is a way to solve the problem. To fix Roblox error code 268, you need to follow these steps on your PC:
- Click the start icon, type appwiz.cpl into the search box and press enter
- Select the Roblox launcher and click uninstall, as well as any other Roblox folders in the list
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA% into the search box and press enter
- Delete any Roblox folders you see in this directory
- Open a search box, type “CMD” and right-click and launch in administrator mode
- Enter ipconfig /flushdns, netsh Winsock reset, ipconfig /release and config/renew separately and press enter to run each of them on their own
- Restart your PC and re-download and install Roblox
After you’ve followed these steps, you should now be able to play Roblox error-free. Yes, it is a pain having to clear all of the game folders from your computer and run a bunch of commands, but if you follow our guide, then you shouldn’t have much trouble and it shouldn’t take very long.